The top 25 sayings from the incomparable Yogi Berra.
1. "It's like deja vu
all over again."
2. "We made too many wrong mistakes."
3. "You can observe a lot just by watching."
4. "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
5. "He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."
6. "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."
7. "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place
8. Responding to a question about remarks attributed to him that he did not
think were his:"I really didn't say everything I said."
9. "The future ain't what it use to be."
10. "I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the
11. On why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant:
"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
12. "I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."
13. "We have deep depth."
14. "All pitchers are liars or crybabies."
15. When giving directions to Joe Garagiola to his New Jersey home, which is
accessible by two routes: "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
16. "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to
17. "Never answer anonymous letters."
18. On being the guest of honor at an awards banquet: "Thank you for making this day necessary."
19. "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my
20. "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
21. As a general comment on baseball: "90% of the game is half
22. "I don't know (if they were men or women running naked across the
field). They had bags over their heads."
23. "It gets late early out there."
24. Carmen Berra, Yogi's wife asked: "Yogi, you are from St. Louis , we
live in New Jersey , and you played ball in New York . If you go before I do,
where would you like me to have you buried?" Yogi's answer: "Surprise
25. "It ain't over till it's over.