5.23.2014

Handel Note

I was on the E-Mail list for Karen Handel here in Georgia.  She finished 3rd in the balloting for the Senate Republican nomination and is now out of the running.  She sent out the very nice note below.  I will admit I’m still bothered by the sight of the Democrats booing at the re-inclusion of the word ‘God’ into their platform at the Democratic Convention in 2012.  So it’s nice to see some politicians with Christian values.
----------------
Dear Friends,
We came up a bit short last night, and while that's disappointing, everyone can hold their head high for the tremendous effort. Steve and I are truly overwhelmed by the support, encouragement and prayers that you sent our way. Your friendship enriches our lives more than you can know, and words will never be able to express our appreciation to you.
We all know how important it is to hold Georgia's Senate seat in the hands of a Republican. So, I hope you'll look at the two candidates who are advancing to the runoff and rally around one of them.
Meanwhile, Steve and I are looking to the future with great optimism and enthusiasm. God always has a plan, and it's always the perfect plan for each of us. Let me leave you with my favorite scripture, Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Here's to the future!
Luv y'all!
Karen and Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment