So by now it’s you against 2-3 other managers for the league championship. Well done. OK, now what? Which players do you ride to a championship? Which players do you discard?
Well, my young apprentice. Here are the answers.
- Mookie Betts: REAL. Go get him especially if he has SS eligibility in your league.
- Alex Rios: FAKE. Just a bad year for him. Drop.
- Desmond Jennings: FAKE. You can’t count potential.
- Carlos Beltran: FAKE. Hard to hit with one good knee.
- Aaron Sanchez: REAL. He’ll get you 3 saves this month with great peripherals.
- Devin Mesoraco: REAL. He’s over his slump. Get him in your lineup.
- Adam Dunn: REAL. Yes, I’m serious. Fresh start for him in a playoff race.
- Luis Valbuena: REAL. Take advantage of the middle infielder power.
- Kennys Vargas: REAL. Take him only if you like power (and a lot of it).
- Jay Bruce: FAKE. Why did I draft this guy so early?
- Chris Tillman: REAL. Last couple starts were average but the stuff is there.
- Steve Pearce: REAL. He's back from a minor injury. Get him in your lineup.
- Josh Hamilton: FAKE. Good guy. But will not help you.
- Brock Holt: REAL. Position eligibility allows you to fill lineup every day.
- Jason Hammel: REAL. Seems to have righted the ship.
- Miguel González: REAL. He’s not really this good but you don’t care.
- Kole Calhoun: REAL. Love this guy. He cooled off but coming back.
- J.J. Hardy: REAL. Streaky player. Ride him to your championship.
- Eric O'Flaherty: REAL. Eventually he’ll get a couple save chances.
- Mike Trout: FAKE. OK, I did that one just for fun.
- Corey Dickerson: REAL. Breakout year.
- Eric Hosmer: FAKE. Not his year. Time to move on.
- Will Myers: See Hosmer, Eric.
- Mark Trumbo: FAKE. He left his bat in a hotel somewhere.
- Billy Butler: FAKE. He and Eric Hosmer having the same year.
- Brandon Phillips: FAKE. Why is this guy rostered on so many teams?
- Justin Verlander: FAKE. Should not be rostered in any format.
- Gio Gonzalez: FAKE. Not as good without the Miami connection.
- Mat Latos: FAKE. Drop him this year. Draft him next year.
Big name guys who are bad right now but may still help you.
· Hanley Ramirez
· David Wright (Why is he drafted so high every year?)
· Jason Kipnis
· Dustin Pedroia
· Adam Wainwright
· Kenley Jansen
· Glen Perkins
· Sonny Gray
This post also available at rotoprofessor.com.